Last Updated: March 21, 2021
Note to Orl.ist Users and their Clients
The services are made up for health professionals. If you are not a health worker, please do not use our services.
If you are a Client of one of our users, we may retain your Personal Information on behalf of that user. If you have questions about how we process your Personal Information, we encourage you to reach out to the appropriate user. We may send any inquiries that we receive directly from you about our use of your Personal Information to that user.
How We Collect and Use Your Personal Information
“Personal Information” is information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you or your household, such as your name, email address, IP address, telephone number, and broader categories of information such as your professional, educational or health information, commercial information and internet activity.
The categories of Personal Information we collect from you depend on your interactions with us. For example, we may collect:
- Identifiers and contact information, such as your name, email address, mailing address, phone numbers, social security numbers, government-issued IDs (such as driver’s licenses), IP addresses, and unique identifiers such as your usernames and passwords. We collect this information directly from you and managing your orl.ist account (“Account”), for communicating with you, verifying your identity, and providing our Services to you.
- Professional and employment-related information, such as your business name, your license number, calendar and scheduling information, and other information related to your business. We collect this information directly from you for the purpose of administering your Account and providing you our Services, including facilitating your use of our CE Marketplace.
- Electronic and visual information, such as your photograph or image, other similar informations. We process this information to enable your use of our orl.ist service.
- Internet and other electronic network activity information, such as your browsing history, search history, and your interactions with our Services and advertisements. We collect this information through our cookies and other tracking technologies to conduct business analytics in order to improve our business functionality and Services to you.
- Commercial information, such as products and services you have purchased from us. We collect this information to maintain user records, identify trends in our user relationships, and conduct business analytics.
- Profile information and inferences, such as information about your preferences and characteristics. We collect profile information by drawing inferences from the above categories of Personal Information in order to understand your preferences and tailor our services and communications to you.
In addition to the purposes for collection described above, we also collect your Personal Information for the following general purposes:
- To respond to your user service requests and address your questions and concerns;
- To send you newsletters and marketing communications;
- To administer and improve our Services and marketing efforts, including measuring the effectiveness of the websites, diagnosing problems with our servers, and analyzing traffic;
- To detect security incidents, to protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity, and to comply with our policies and procedures;
- To comply with our legal, regulatory and risk management obligations, including establishing, exercising and/or defending legal claims.
How We Share and Disclose Your Personal Information
We may share your Personal Information in the following circumstances:
- Publicly: We may share your Personal Information publicly with your permission. For example, with your permission, we may publicly post your photograph, your name, professional titles, and comments on the section of our websites. We do not share your patient’s personal information publicy or with third parties.
- To Service Providers: We may share your Personal Information with companies that provide services to us, such as for hosting, marketing and communication services, and payment processing (“Service Providers”). When you use our CE Marketplace, we may also share, with your permission, your name and license information with Service Providers to generate course completion certificates. Our policy is to authorize these Service Providers to use your Personal Information only as necessary to provide services for us, and require that they not use or disclose your Personal Information for any other purpose.
- To third parties outside of orl.ist:
- If you join our Services as a result of a referral under our referral program, we may share your name and the fact that you joined our Services with the person who referred you.
- We may share your Personal Information with our parent and affiliate companies in order for them to provide analytics across the entire corporate family and for other internal business purposes.
- From time to time, we may be required to provide Personal Information to a third party in order to comply with a subpoena, court order, government investigation, or similar legal process.
- We may also share your Personal Information to third parties, such as law enforcement agencies, when we, in good faith, believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request.
- To any other third party for whom you have given your consent for us to share your Personal Information.
- In a corporate transaction: If orl.ist is involved in a bankruptcy, merger, acquisition, reorganization, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, we may share or transfer your Personal Information as part of any such transaction.
Access and Choice
Account Deletion: orl.ist users may cancel and delete their Accounts at any time.
For cancelling please send an email (your email which is in our system) to our official email ( firstname.lastname@example.org ). After sending email, your data will erase from our database. Orl.ist is not responsible for any lost or stolen data resulting from a user’s lack of diligence or failure to follow reasonable security protocols.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
Retention and Security
We will retain your Personal Information for as long as your Account is active, as needed to provide you Services, and as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
We follow generally accepted standards to protect the Personal Information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. For example, when you enter sensitive information (such as your login credentials), we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
-For MERI-TRP app: The middle ear risk index and the tympanoplasty reporting protocol were developed in 1994 by Dr. Jack Kartush, including a software version using FileMaker Pro for Mac OS and Windows. The MERI-TRP app here was developed by Dr. Uzdan Uz in cooperation with Dr. Kartush. Any modifications or separate distribution of the software is strictly prohibited without first obtaining written permission by Dr’s Kartush and Uz.
For help with matters not related to exercising your rights under the aforementioned privacy laws, please contact us at email@example.com .